I'm a 25 year old geek and a cancer survivor, diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2004, beating it in 2005. I got married to my lovely Julia in 2008, we had a beautiful girl, Penelope, in October 2010, and another beautiful girl, Lijsbeth, in August 2012.
I served as President of the Sydney Linux Users Group from 2006-2008, was on the organising committee of linux.conf.au 2007, and organised the inaugural DevOps Down Under in 2010, and again in 2011. I currently organise the monthly Sydney DevOps meetups along with Mick Pollard, and regularly speak at conferences both in Australia and abroad.
Looking to hire me? See my resume.
I publish most of my code on GitHub, but the highlights are:
- cucumber-nagios, lets you describe how websites should work in plain text, and outputs whether they do in the Nagios plugin format.
- Visage, a web service + interface for collectd statistics.
- Gastro, a Google Maps mashup of the NSW Food Authority's name-and-shame lists.
- Flapjack, a scalable and distributed monitoring system.
- @nswbushfires Twitter bot, posting current bushfire incidents in NSW.